Monday, March 9, 2009

Track Meet in Catoosa

Last Friday March the 6Th, what a beautiful weather day in OK. I got a little worried that Tori would be too hot during her mile run. Well the clouds came in to cool things down & it became night & they turned on the track lights by the time she did her mile run. She is now the proud member of the "6 minute club"! She had previously ran the mile in 7 minutes & 5 seconds, so her goal was to get out of the"7 minute club"...she joined the "6 minute club" when she ran her mile in 6 minutes & 31 seconds!! We were so surprised she ran that fast & so proud!
Peyton had fun hanging out with the team in their "team camp" & in the infield of the track.He even had a few of them watching a Care Bear movie with him. They also had some fun dancing & being silly! We spotted famous people at the meet as well. Garth Brooks & Trisha Yearwood were there to watch his daughter. It was really neat as they strolled in & picked a seat like they were not huge country stars. They were even sweet enough to sign autographs ,shake hands & visit. They were not swarmed by "fans" or "paparazzi" unless you count my pictures I got from mid-field having to use the full 15x zoom to get them :).
Peyton fell asleep in my arms around 7pm & Victoria ran about 7:15. I was unable to get any pictures of her race. :( Although I am pretty sure I will not forget this race,it would still be nice to have been able to share the moment in pictures with all of you!
Stay tuned for weekly updates on her meets. Her next "goal time" is 6:17. That is what her team mate ran that night.Her ultimate goal for the season is to run in the STATE meet. GO Tori GO!!! I know you can do it!

gg♥

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe she had a local meet and you did not let me know.......Way to go!

    ReplyDelete