Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Pain & Laughter of loving our children...

Today I took the kids to get their flu shots. Well by design, I did not tell Peyton until we got out of the car at the office. He was not happy & began to cry & plea his case how he wont get sick & he really doesn't want the shot. On & on about how he is sooo sad about the shot. It really was heart breaking. Telling him I love him is why he has to have the shot is not any comfort to him at all. Wanting an explanation of how much it will hurt, just sad. So it's our turn & the tears come fast ,flowing like rapids down his face. I asked him if he wanted his sissy to go first? ,"YES YES you go first and tell me how much it hurts" With huge tears pouring down his face. She was brave & hardly winced at all, she is such a great sister! I tell him it's his turn & it will be done really fast. The nurse informs us, his shot goes in the leg.......I'm sure the roof was lifted with his wails of "no, no, not the leg" So I pull down his pants set him at the end of the table & she says to lay him back. The whole time he is screaming "not the leg, not my leg" I'm holding him down & telling him" it's OK it will be over in a second!" Then as the shot is given he screams very briefly & I tell him its over & he begins in a screaming voice demanding a band-aid "NOW!!!!!" As the nurse gets the band aid on she tells him in her best black southern voice"There's your band-aid Mr. Demanding" So I stand him up & we are all laughing , Tori & I are laughing at this nurse & then Peyton begins saying "It's not so bad It' not so bad...I'm OK" I thought that nurse was gonna die she said we "could have won $10,000 on Americas funniest Videos with Mr Drama King" So I told her we would be back in 6 months to get his shots before he starts school, we will bring the camera then & she says "Na'huh I wont be doing them ..noooo way!"
It went from such a sad thing to something so funny, I had tears in my eyes from laughing.
Peyton's honest conclusion was it really wasn't that bad.It was so funny in person cause that nurse & his sudden changes in temperment. I feel terrible he had to feel that way. I am not fond of shots myself. But all in all it was Okay.
I took the kids for an Ice cream cone at Sonic before I took Tori on to school..What a morning.!
I LOVE MY KIDS!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. We missed you today!!!! Great story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great story!!! We missed you today, hope all is going well!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is definitly a story for the blog. I love it!

    ReplyDelete